My Favourite Window

August 17, 2019

Anniversary Surprise!


It's been awhile since I posted - exactly a year in fact - and quite awhile since I set up Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden.

Nine years! I'm not sure if nine years really counts when I haven't blogged here reliably for such a long time.

Still, today is the anniversary of my first blog post and that post featured these daffodils. Judging by the buds they were about 7-10 days behind this stage on 17 August in 2010.

These daffs are quite a useful indication of some kind of progress in the garden. I did dig them up and they have increased in number. 

Should I keep going with this blog I sometimes ask myself as I post almost daily on Instagram @hobbyography. I'm surprised at how many people still mention Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden with interest and appreciation in face to face conversation. And I guess that's enough to keep me interested. Now all I need is more time to compose posts! 

Narcissus var. Daffodil

4 comments:

Geo. said...

My dear Lady, I'm so glad to see your post and urge you to continue. Too many other cyber-social venues, by trend or character restriction, don't allow users to complete a whole thought. Case-in-point: a President who communicates to his country on Twitter --140 letters. Not that he has whole thoughts, but you DO, and I'd love to read them anew.

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Hello! Please do blog as well as insta, I cannot abide insta as it feels like a constant pull of my attention and I just don't have the bandwidth for it, whereas blogs are a nice read of a morning when I have the time :)I do enjoy your blogs frequent or not,and while my own posting is suffering from too much living that's not post worthy, I do keep it up!

Gill said...

I love the Instagram posts.
However I still keep a look out for a new blog post.
Gill

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Geo: Well as you can see it has taken me a while to get back to this post. Things aren't what they were when I first started blogging and I have to say that I do enjoy the immediacy and discipline of using Instagram to convey a whole thought. I constantly think of much longer thoughts for here, but have neither time nor energy at the end of these days )-: Still I appreciate your encouragement and I'm glad to see you still going strong (-:

Mrs C(Maryanne): I have to say I love my Instagram gardening magazine and learned early on to limit my reading time, so that I could actually live my own interesting life as well as being drawn into other people's. See above for my excuses for not blogging regularly. I'm so sorry, but also touched to have people wanting me back.

Gill: Thanks for supporting me both ways (-: