My Favourite Window

June 1, 2016

The Merry Month of May

All good intentions to blog frequently, came to naught in May, but now it's been and gone it's still worth mentioning.

It was merry in all manner of ways from greeting the month in 


at the top of Mt Eden in Auckland...




generally having a good time...


















with gathered Morris dancing friends while celebrating Mayday...  
to serving on the fly floor for the North Canterbury Musical Society's three week season of Aida. This was the Elton John and Tim Rice rock musical rather than Verdi's opera.


Up and down this ladder the flyboys scuttled 



for some fairly lightweight action in this particular production 


(lots of down time for reading or just enjoying the show). 




While the stage manager's directions murmured between various production stations in my headset I marvelled at the quality of voice and instrumental music. Mainly this was due to ability and professionalism, but I noticed how all the intricate structural  woodwork created superb acoustics high above the stage - and close to me.


Although Kitty was on stage I have no photos of the production due to copyright reasons, so this is my personal experience of the show. I made a note of my position on the fly floor while I was working in the garden across the road. My task for the whole of May? Clearing the fallen leaves from the tree who's morning shadow graces the Rangiora Town Hall, reaching up to trace my corner, where on the other side of the ochre coloured wall, my chair and headset and hauling gloves await my return.


No comments: